Monday, March 30, 2009

Pretty Green

One of the strangest things I’ve heard recently is that Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher is launching his own clothing range.

Called Pretty Green, and made up of “key industry professionals” it is “an up front, straight talking, classic clothing range.”

Now, I love Oasis. I love their music anyway, and I find Noel Gallagher funny and intelligent when I hear him speak but I can’t say I’ve ever really noticed what they’re wearing.

I grew up in Burnage, Manchester, the same as the Gallagher brothers and we even went to the same school (St Bernards), although at different times so it’s pretty much required by law to be a fan and to have some link to them, however tenuous. We even lived next door to Tony McCarroll, the original drummer of the band.

Liam says “Clothes and music are my passion. I’m not here to rip anyone off and I’m not doing it for the money either. I’m doing it cuz there’s a lack of stuff out there of the things I would wear.”

Very noble Liam, and I might do the same thing myself if next time I call in to Target or Old Navy their shelves are bare.

No comments:

Post a Comment