Sunday, May 31, 2009

The show about nothing

We went to see Jerry Seinfeld the other night.

I wasn't really sure what it would be like as I've never seen his stand up before, and only seen his show occasionally via re-runs. My Wife wasn't too sure either and wasn't too excited about going. It was more out of curiosity that I bought the tickets.

Anyway, we set off downtown pretty early as the show started at 7pm and we had dinner at an Italian restaurant next to where we always park when we go downtown.

When we arrived at the theatre, we found out that there was going to be a second show at 9.30pm so we guessed that it probably wasn't going to be a long one.

Tom Papa opened up and did around 20 minutes. His routine was mainly about being a father and the man's role in the family. Fairly fitting for a guy with a surname like Papa.

Tom Papa left the stage around 7.30pm and Jerry Seinfeld came straight on, surprising most of the audience who were expecting a break in between.

Seinfeld did just over an hour and was very good. I could hear my Wife laughing constantly so I knew she was having a great time, even if she wouldn't admit just how much she enjoyed it.

At 8.35pm it was all over and as we left the theatre, the audience for the 9.30pm show were waiting to come in, weighing up the people leaving to see whether the show was a hit.

I'm not sure if I'd have to go and see Jerry Seinfeld live again, but I'm definitely glad I got to see him at least once.

A trip downtown, dinner and a show made for a great night out with my wonderful Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment