Thursday, May 7, 2009

iFun

Last weekend, I did something I've got out of the habit of doing. I splashed quite a bit of money on something that I wanted, rather than something my Wife and I needed. After two years of wishing, and talking myself out of getting one, I finally got an iPhone.

It tells you something about the advance in technology when I tell you that it was probably the third day of owning the phone that I finally got round to trying to figure out how to actually make a call.

There are thousands of applications you can get, many of them free including games, restaurant guides, drink recipes, GPS systems. I can even set my DVR to record something I'd forgotten.

It's no exaggeration to say that the iPhone is like a laptop computer in your pocket. You can access the internet, check e-mails, weather reports, sports results, whatever you want.

The only downside to having an iPhone is that it attracts unwanted attention from jealous types. Every time I get home from work, my Wife greets me at the door, gives me a kiss and demands I hand over my phone. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

I'm now resigned to the fact that I will have to get her one in the near future. Despite her getting a new phone not too long ago on the basis that she 'likes flip phones', she's now started dropping the odd hint how her phone isn't working properly or doing the things its supposed to.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I think that you may have exaggerated a little there at the bottom. I have not said that me new phone was not working properly and when the battery was not holding a charge a few months ago I happily went to the AT&T Store to get the battery replaced.

    I can't imagine that I will need one of my own, afterall I am perfectly capable of taking yours!

    ReplyDelete