Thursday, February 12, 2009

Superstitious? Or maybe just a little stitious?

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. For some, the unluckiest day there is.

I'm not really superstitious myself, although I've always been wary of the number 13. This is based more on the myth rather than any personal experience. For some reason the numbers 47 and 87 have the same effect, probably because 47 is 13 minutes to the hour, and 87 is 13 less than 100 which is a nice round number.

Ok, so I may have been dropped as a child (at least that's what I may claim to be the cause of some of my quirks!) but a lot of people take it very seriously.

This is what confuses me. They do anything to avoid the number 13 because of its conceived unluckiness but by doing so they draw more attention to it. By skipping the number 13 whenever possible, they are inadvertently highlighting the number as the only one they avoid.

Anyway, if you're thinking of staying in bed all day tomorrow, make it for a better reason than the number 13.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment