Thursday, February 4, 2010

MOT results are in (or not)

You may remember that my wife had a doctor's appointment on January 14th which was just to check that everything was ok with her and there was nothing out of the ordinary.

As usual, the hospital told us that if we didn't hear from them everything is ok. You can read my thoughts on this policy here.

So it's now been 3 weeks so I think everything was ok. They did send my wife a postcard telling her that one of the tests came back ok and I know she really appreciated that information being shared with everyone who handled the mail that day as using an envelope would be too much trouble!

I was ill on the day of the appointment, well, actually I was ill all that week with a fever of 102 but my wife decided I should sit in a waiting room full of pregnant women.

When we went through for the actual inspection they left us sat in a tiny room for 45 minutes until the nurse decided to show her face. You can imagine how much fun that was with my fever and my wife shivering in the lovely paper vest they gave her to wear.

Anyway, we did get to hear the baby's heartbeat again and it was still strong so everything looks good.

The next appointment is the 15th February. This is when we can find out the sex of the baby if we want so I need to make sure I'm there to tell the nurse we don't want to find out. If my wife goes to this one on her own I'll probably come home to a spare room full of pink or blue baby stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment