Saturday, January 2, 2010

Judgement Day

As you know, my wife and I went on a trip for our first Wedding Anniversary in November.

We got back late on Monday the 23rd, but not too late to stop by my parents house to pick up the dogs, Boomer & Busby.

On the way home, my wife asked if we could stop at Walgreens to pick up a home pregnancy test so we did.

When we got home, we went straight to bed and I didn't think any more of it.

Due the time difference, we were awake early the next morning. I heard my wife get up and go into the bathroom.

A few minutes later she shouted to me "should I tell you now or should I tell you later?".

That was my first cue something wasn't quite normal so I looked at the clock and put on my glasses. I always seem to hear better when I'm wearing my glasses for some reason. It was 3.30am.

"I'm pregnant". Those were the next words out of her mouth.

I don't know if it was the jet lag, or shock but I didn't really react. Sometimes my wife messes up these kinds of things so I wasn't letting myself get too carried away at this point. It was only after a week of taking ovulation prediction tests that she finally read the instructions to find out she'd been doing it all wrong so I think I was justified in my hesitation.

We talked for a little while, then I went to work nice and early.

She took another home pregnancy test the next day and when it too was positive, we made an appointment to see the doctor.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to both of you - it must be very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete