Sunday, January 3, 2010

Confirmation

On Tuesday December 1st we had our first doctor's appointment.

At this point, I still wasn't 100% convinced my wife was pregnant. I knew there was a good chance, and she thought she was, but somewhere at the back of my mind was a nagging doubt. I suppose it was a defence mechanism to prevent too much disappointment if something went wrong.

My wife had done research on doctors in the area and decided on the Women's Health Care Center of Houston.

Once there, they took my wife off for some preliminary checks, weight, blood etc and then I joined her ready for a chat with the doctor.

The first thing I noticed when we entered the room was the stirrups. This was a new experience for me and I must admit they made me keep my legs tightly closed when I sat down. Stirrups are not something men usually see at the doctor's office so it was a bit unexpected.

The doctor, or nurse, whatever she was confirmed my wife was pregnant, asked a few questions, answered a few questions and gave us some general information on nutrition, exercise etc all without giving me a second glance.

My wife had already told me that this was no longer about me so I suppose I should've been prepared for that!

Overall, it was a good experience and everything went smoothly.

We made our next appointment for the end of the following week at their office at Memorial City Hospital for an ultrasound and also a glucose test to check for diabetes etc.

Memorial City Hospital is where our doctor delivers and isn't too far from where we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment