Monday, December 14, 2009

Another AT&T Update

The AT&T guy phoned about 3.30pm to say that the problem, whatever it was, had been fixed but he was on another job so I needed to phone up and schedule another appointment.

So I phoned AT&T and explained the situation, only to be transferred to another department where I was invited to explain the situation again.

The lady very politely asked me if I would be home tomorrow morning so I told her I was off work today so can they come and install my TV today, like they said they would.

She put me on hold while she tried to get through to dispatch. About 10 minutes later she said they were fully booked today but she would schedule an appointment for first thing tomorrow morning.

And that was that.

Until about 5pm when there was a knock on the door and a young lady said she was with AT&T and was here to install U-Verse.

I repeated the tour of the house I'd given the guy this morning to show him where the TVs were and where the computer was and she went outside to check something.

And then she returned to say that the problem hadn't been fixed so she would have to put in a call to get someone to come out and see what the problem is, and fix it, and then they would be able to install it.

So after a day of waiting, we don't really know where we are up to as they could show up first thing in the morning not knowing there is apparently still a problem, or someone might show up at an undisclosed time to fix the problem, or nothing may happen.

Who knows? At least we still have Direct TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment