Wednesday, September 9, 2009

World Cup 2010

England qualified for next year's world cup today with a 5-1 win over Croatia.

It means England have won 9 out of 9 in qualifying so far and with one game remaining away to Ukraine it is possible they will finish with a 100% record.

I didn't see the game today but when I checked the score England were already 3-0 up and I felt excited. After the disappointment of not qualifying for Euro 2008 27 points from nine games, including 4-1 & 5-1 wins against a Croatia side who qualified in place of England last year is more than we dared hope for.

Fabio Capello has done an excellent job with what is basically the same group of players that failed so miserably under Steve McClaren.

It means that I can now look forward to the World Cup, and trying to ignore the British media who will no doubt have the team down as certain winners but we can now enjoy the build up and look forward to pitting our wits against the best in the world.

I just hope this time somebody practices penalties as I'm getting sick of going out in a quarter final shoot out.

No comments:

Post a Comment