Thursday, September 17, 2009

Two years ago today.

It was two years ago today my wife and I got engaged.


We were in Australia at the time. All I knew was that I wanted to propose to her in Sydney, which gave me pretty much four days to do it. One of those days was my birthday so that left me with three days.


Having never visited Australia before this trip, I had no idea where would be a good place to propose so there was added pressure to find somewhere memorable before I even got round to popping the question.


This particular day we visited Taronga Zoo which is over looking Sydney Harbour. The spot I actually asked her to marry me was sat on a wall at the back of area where they put on a bird show, although we didn't stay for the show.


We had a great time at the zoo, entering the koala enclosure for pictures, as well as mingling with the kangaroo's who seemed more interested in sun bathing than getting close to us.


Here is a picture of us minutes later on the spot we got engaged. You can see the Opera House and Sydey Harbour Bridge in the background.



The trip was amazing. We got to hand feed kangaroo's, climb Sydney Harbour Bridge, see fairy penguins come out of the sea to feed, as well as getting engaged obviously. We also visited Tasmania and Melbourne but we definitely have a good excuse to go back to Sydney one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment