Sunday, March 1, 2009

There may be trouble ahead..

I've been married for just over 3 months now and occasionally I get myself in trouble. It's usually not intentional and sometimes it's not even my fault.

For example, two Christmas's ago, my Wife bought me a first aid kit for the car. It was a nice gift that showed she was concerned for my well being when I wasn't by her side so I put it in the car as I was supposed to do.

Fast forward about a year and my Wife cuts her finger on something in the kitchen. The only first aid kit I know the location of is the one in the car so it gets brought into the house and my Wife opens it and finds what she needs and comments on how much is contained in the kit. "This was a great present!" she exclaims excitedly. Followed by "and you've never used it!".

Sorry, what now?

Ok, I could understand that you'd be upset if you bought someone a nice gift and then it was still in the box a year later. However, the lack of use of the gift could surely be excused in the case of a first aid kit?!? Personally, I hope I never have cause to use this particular gift!

At least now I'm prepared. If next year I find a fire extinguisher under the tree I'll be sure to start a little fire somewhere just so I can give it a go.

1 comment: