Saturday, April 3, 2010

Snake alert!

I'm just sat waiting for the buyers to show up with their inspector to look through the house.

On my final walk through to make sure every where was tidy I spotted something in the hallway.

I moved a bit closer to see what it was. It was partially obscured but I could see a bit of a tail, and what looked like a head. I thought it was a lizard but it wasn't anything that friendly.

There was a snake in my house!

It was only about 6 inches long but I know it's going to get bigger with every re-telling of this story!

I shouted my wife to come and get rid of it but she was hiding in the bath making it very clear to me that she handles spiders, but any snakes are my responsibility!

I bravely reached for a dust pan and broom and swept it out of its hiding place.

I didn't want it to slide under the washing machine so I had to be quick and I managed to get it into the dust pan where it stopped slithering about long enough for me to get into the back garden.

I think I deserve a pat on the back for rescuing a damsel in distress, and a very large drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment