Saturday, November 7, 2009

X Factor

We don't get the X Factor in the US but everyone I know back home in the UK are going on about the twins John and Edward.

Every weekend, most status updates on Facebook are about the show, and the newspapers cover it constantly.

Most people seem to hate them and their progress through the show is a huge talking point.

I'm not that bothered about missing out on their singing talent (or lack of) but I do miss how when there is a big event, the whole country feel involved and everyone, and I mean everyone, is talking about it.

Maybe it's because it's a small island and we all watch Coronation street, we all like football and for 3 or 4 months every winter, The X Factor dominates the nations televisions.

It's the World Cup next year and the whole country will be following. Bars and shops will be covered in England flags and most people you see though out June & July will be wearing an England shirt.

I miss that togetherness.

I think it's something that the US could never experience, and I feel sorry for them that they'll miss out. Maybe 9/11 is the closest they'll get but hopefully such occasions are rare.

So even though I won't see an episode of the X Factor, and I have no wish to, I'll still know all about what's going on and the scandal and shocks that are still to come and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment