Sunday, July 19, 2009

A crack of thunder

I was at work the other day when a big fella walked in to the toilets while I was washing my hands. He proceeded to one of the stalls (the handicap one as it's probably the only one he'd actually fit in).

I opened the door to leave just at the exact moment he let rip one of the loudest farts I've ever heard! He'd obviously relaxed himself ready to make kaka as they say in Italy and the first shot was a release of the gasses that had probably been building up in his intestines since the 6 breakfast burritos earlier that morning.

The porcelain of the toilet bowl only added to the volume and also created an echo effect and a number of people who sit close by turned and looked to see what the hell that was, looking right at me!

Luckily, as I was leaving the toilets at that very moment, I don't think anyone assumed it was me causing the floor to shake but I found myself involuntarily making an exaggerated shocked facial expression in an attempt to erase any doubt and I also found myself physically taking a step back just to enhance the fact that this wasn't my doing.

I've never moved back to my office so quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment