Friday, June 19, 2009

The Greatest Sauce of all

I don't know how you feel about sauces but when I find one I like I'm very loyal.

I don't use sauces that much really, I prefer to taste the food rather than the seasoning but you can't beat Chick-Fil-A's Polynesian sauce. It's like sweet and sour sauce, only better!

If you know me well then you can imagine how good it is if I think it is better than sweet & sour sauce!

I used to be a fan of McDonald's sweet & sour sauce, which was better than any I could find in the shops (Chinese restaurants excepted) but even that pales into insignificance when compared to Polynesian.

I've even gone as far as looking at their website to see if they sell bottles of it but sadly not but if Mr Chick-Fil-A happens to stumble upon this blog, sort it out!

I have to stock up whenever we go to Chick-Fil-A, which isn't that often but it is the king of fast food restaurants but I used the last one I had last night. It goes with anything so I would love to have a bottle in the pantry.

A close second, although second behind all of the different variations of any sweet & sour sauce is Subways sweet onion sauce. It's the perfect accompaniment to their chicken teriyaki sub. Again, I've checked their website to see if they sell it by the bottle as it would be good on any kind of sandwich but sadly not.

Surely this is a missed opportunity for these chains?

I haven't been able to find anything close enough to either in stores so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. You better get your fill of it this weekend...June 22nd...for real...no mas!!
    ~j

    ReplyDelete