Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vampires and aids...discuss...

My wife and I were watching Being Human on BBC America the other night when a question suddenly struck me.

If you've never seen the show, it is a comedy-drama about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost all sharing a house.

My wife is a fan of vampire movies but even she was stumped by my question.

Can vampires get aids?

In the show, the vampire and the werewolf work in a hospital. The ghost stays home because she's dead.

Obviously a hospital is a convenient place to find blood but what would happen if the vampire picked a victim who had aids? Would the contaminated blood be passed on? Would the vampire suffer any adverse effects or would they be unaffected?

You hadn't thought of that had you?

1 comment:

  1. My guess is that they will not get AIDS, mostly because in Interview with the Vampire, Lestat said to Louis that he will never grow old and will never get sick...just a thought though.

    ReplyDelete